I just finished “Handwriting Success”, the newest handout pack sold by Your Therapy Source . And it is on sale for the next week, until 3/13/23!
After years of working with struggling writers, frustrated parents, and overwhelmed teachers, it was time to make something they can use. It pulls together all of the practical strategies I am known for: picking the right equipment, making kids feel successful, and not wasting time on boring drills that don’t build skills.
What does it include?
- How too pick a pencil grip (or if a child really needs one at all!)
- How to pick the best pencil for handwriting
- How to teach postural control
- Should a child use a tabletop easel/slant board? And why?
- How to avoid letter and number reversals, and how to fix them once they deveelop
- Building baseline awareness right from the start
- How to teach correct spacing (Hint: it isn’t by using a finger space if your kid is in grade 1 and up!!)
These handouts are great for therapists who want to offer sheets during a parent conference or a team inservice, or for consultants who want to share a specific strategy they are using with a child’s teachers or other providers.
I really tried hard to think of what would have helped me all those years ago when I was a new pediatric therapist. This is years, decades really, of information distilled down to 15 strong handouts with solid graphics and meaningful content.
Visit Your Therapy Source and get an even better deal (about 20% off each item) by grabbing more than one handout pack or buy one of my 4 pediatric books in digital form: